Friday, February 15, 2013

Enemy Minions

Been doing a little more work on the scrolling shooter lately. I cleaned up a little bit of the scrolling background code and it is now working fantastic. It was pretty good before, but if you changed the background enough times, the animation started to get choppy because the previous backgrounds weren't getting detached. That's all fixed up and its running smoothly.

In addition, I've started adding enemy sprites to the game. There is no player character yet, so the enemies, which I have dubbed "minions", go unopposed, but they fly around a bit while the background scrolls beneath them and it looks pretty cool. I read in the minion type and number for the wave from an xml file and then spawn the number of minions and send them out on a specific path to move along. Currently there is only one minion type, but that will change and the minions will have different paths depending on their designated type.

After I play around with the pathing a bit, I need to add a player ship so that you can actually fight the minions. I might make the minions shoot (at nothing) first. I'm not sure yet. So many options.

No comments:

Post a Comment