Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Platforming

I've been trying to think of things I want to add to the scrolling shooter, but with the addition of the story type slides to the beginning and end of the levels I think its almost finished up. So, in the last couple day I've started playing around with a new game concept. This time, I'm working on a platformer. I'm going for a dynamic/psuedo-random level design. To do this, I'm making different level sections, which I call "Sectors" that have the same entrance and exit space size. Then I can chain several sectors together to make levels that are different every time. The sectors will remain the same, and the player will see them multiple times, but with enough different sector types the levels should be unique every time. I need some sort of monster or enemy chasing the player through the level, but I'm not sure what to go with yet. Initially I was thinking something like lava flooding the level, and then I was thinking some sort of giant spider, but really I need to focus on some additional level things first. I only have 2 sectors that are being randomly placed right now but that seems to be working pretty well. It still needs a few tweaks but it's definitely good enough to show this game idea has potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment