Thursday, July 18, 2013

Sounds and Stories

Haven't done much that is noteworthy lately, but I have been tinkering with some stuff. In my puzzle game, I've been adding sound effects and getting that all ready. I already has some in place for a while, but they weren't quite playing in the right places. Now I've gotten it all set up and working properly. I'm thinking this game is all set up correctly now. I just need some music assets and such to throw in and it should be already for release.

I've also been adding in some story elements (or preparations for them) to the scrolling shooter. When a new level is started, before the player sprite enters the screen, a dialog type window will pop up on the screen that will eventually show some sort of story graphics. The player clicks on it, it shows the next one, they click the second one and it goes away and the player sprite enters. When the player beats the boss, another box pops up with the same kind of deal only when its over the player sprite leaves the screen. Each level will have 2 intro "slides" and 2 outro slides. When strung together in the order of the levels, this will hopefully create some sort of cohesive overarching storyline. I only have a vague and general idea of the direction of this story, but I don't think it will be too hard to figure out. I don't plan on making it anything complicated with plot twists or anything. I just want it to be pretty straight forward and maybe have some dialog between the player character and the enemy characters. I'm pretty happy with how its looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment