Sunday, February 23, 2014

Artists and Clones

I've started looking for artists for my scrolling shooter. I've got a couple people who are interested and their art seems very good. I'm putting together a short gameplay video to let them see what kind of stuff they will be getting into. I feel like graphically this is a pretty big project and I want to make sure any artist working on it has a feel for what they're getting themselves into.

Additionally, with the whole Flappy Birds craze going on right now, my brother Eric convinced me to make a clone. It's a very simple game so it only takes a couple days to get going, but it was a fun little exercise and I could put my own little twist on the game. Now Eric is playing around with some graphic tools and he's going to try and make some graphics for the game. Its pretty fun, but the concept of the original and all the numerous clones are simple in general and it's hard to screw up. I like it, it was fun to play around with, and when my brother gets some graphics finished up we'll put it on Google Play and we'll see if anybody wants to take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment