Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Playing with AndEngine

I haven't really been messing with any games much lately. I have been tweaking my maze game a bit, trying to get the zombie movements working better and better encapsulating some stuff. The zombie stuff is just kinda boring though. I've done it all before, I'm just translating it in to Java and integrating AndEngine. So, I need to take a break from it every once in a while.

Two days ago I stepped away from working on the maze game to play around with another idea I had. I want to make an app that is a collection of at least four circus/carnival themed mini-games. Yesterday I made one where you have to juggle a couple balls for as long as you can. Its working pretty much how I want it to (still need to add in a pause menu and a reset function) and it is fully playable, although not particularly good looking. My longest time is just over three minutes. I'm still brainstorming some simple little carnival games that I can add. I'm thinking maybe a whack-a-mole type game or something. I expect this to be a project that I play around with when I'm taking a break from other, more involved games. It is also serving as a way to experiment with some of AndEngine's physics features.

No comments:

Post a Comment