Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The 4th Mini-Game

Didn't really work on anything yesterday. Somewhere nearby there was a car accident and one of the vehicles ended up hitting a power pole, apparently causing it to catch on fire, so I had no power for several hours yesterday. Prior to and following the power outage I didn't really work on anything worth mentioning. The day before, however, I managed to complete the fourth and, for now, final mini-game of my carnival game pack.

The new mini-game is a whack-a-mole game that I have called "Tap-A-Mole". It turned out really well and its actually a lot more fun than I thought it would be. The screen consists of a series of mole hills. Every second, moles randomly pop up from the mole hills, pause for a bit, then duck back into their holes. If the player touches a mole, it is replaced with a colorful flashing star to show that they touched it, and the player is awarded 10 points. If the mole manages to duck back into their hole without being tapped, a chat bubble saying "Missed Me!" appears over the whole. The player has 60 seconds to tap as many moles as they can. In easy mode, two moles pop up every second. In hard mode, 3 moles pop up every second, and they pause for a shorter time before ducking back into their holes. Since the games last for 60 seconds and hard mode pops up three moles a second instead of easy mode's two, it is possible to get a higher score in hard mode than in easy mode.

Now that this mini-game is pretty much finished, I need to start working on some of the more basic stuff: reset menus, high score displays, a settings page, etc. I'll be working on that and my maze game on and off.

No comments:

Post a Comment