Thursday, April 19, 2012

More Documenting and More IDEs

Haven't been working on any projects as of late. I finished inline documentation of my second project and have moved on to the third. The third one is my biggest project to date, so it is going to take a while to get it all commented. Luckily, I already commented some of the major parts of it while I was coding it, so that is nice. I'm pretty happy with the inline comments so far. I can easily give it a quick read and right away understand what is going on, which is pretty much the only goal of commenting.

In addition, I've also been trying to get the Eclipse IDE installed on my laptop, which has been a time consuming pain. It has been problematic for two main reasons: 1) My laptop is like 5 or 6 years old and 2) Eclipse is still a pain to get installed. At one point I was using the SDK Manager to get things updated and it kept stopping at a certain point saying that it couldn't update a folder because it was in use. After trying for a while to figure out what other programs I had running and close them down to free up the folder, I came to find out that the SDK Manager itself was what was using the folder. Several hours later, I got everything sorted (for the most part) and Eclipse is now useable on my laptop, although I still need to get some things with AndEngine set up on there as well if I want to play around with that at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment